Latest Updates – 2020-05-19
If you’re comfortable with coming in, we’d like to invite you back into our space for your appointment. BC’s restart plan allows clinics like ours to reopen – we’re ready and so excited to invite you back into our space for your treatment.
Reopening will be a gradual process that will happen in stages in order to keep our staff and patients safe by respecting social distancing guidelines. The first stage begins today and we are now offering Registered Massage Therapy treatments again. Our Naturopathic Doctors are still able to see patients via telemedicine and we’re slowly adding in-office visits where appropriate.
Overall our priority is to make sure that you’re provided with the safe, effective treatments that you’re used to while adapting to the ‘new normal’. Our online booking page will be updated continually as we get the go-ahead from regulatory bodies to offer additional in-person services.
BC’s restart plan calls for a slow and steady return to the ‘new normal’ – we will be open for reduced hours and will have new protocols for our visits. Please be patient during this time, you may be contacted to shuffle or reschedule your appointment.
We’ve Enhanced Protocols to Keep You Safe
We’re asking all patients to follow the following new protocols to ensure the safety of other patients, our staff, practitioners and the community:
- Masks are required – Please bring your own mask to be worn at all times in the clinic space – If you do not have a mask we can provide one for you (at a cost). Note that masks have been made mandatory in healthcare settings by the professional colleges and the BCCDC.
- Complete intake forms online prior to your visit – We’re trying to limit the amount of time spent in the clinic as well as the number of paper forms used (note that some consent forms are still required to be completed in paper).
- COVID-19 pre-screening is required – The day before every scheduled appointment you will have a short questionnaire e-mailed to you that must be completed prior to your visit. If you do not complete it online one of our team members will give you a call. Please do not come to the clinic if you have a fever, chills, cough, headache are displaying any other COVID-19 symptoms or if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19. If you are unsure, please use the Government of BC’s COVID-19 self assessment tool.
- COVID-19 secondary screening at the clinic – When you arrive for your appointment you will complete a second screening including a temperature check and be asked to sign a COVID-19 self-declaration & waiver.
- Please do not come early for your visit – We’re requesting that all patients arrive 5 minutes prior to their visit. This will reduce traffic in the waiting room and keep everyone safe.
- Please do not bring visitors – Make every effort to come to your visit on your own as we need to minimize the number of people in the office (we understand that some patients will need to come in with a caregiver – just call ahead and let us know).
- Please bring as few items as possible to the visit – We’re reducing the number of personal items in the clinic (ie. backpacks, purses, books, bags, etc.). If you are arriving by car, please leave your items in your car.
- The clinic will no longer be accepting cash – All payments must be through credit or debit card (or direct bill to your insurance if applicable). Contactless payment or payment through a stored credit card is encouraged.
- Hand hygiene is required – We have hand sanitizer available for use before and after treatment.
In addition to the protocols for patients, here’s what our staff are doing to protect our patients:
- We’ve implemented enhanced cleaning & infection control protocols – Our staff are cleaning and disinfecting all high-touch surfaces hourly. We’ve also increased the frequency and intensity of our professional cleaning services and we’ve implemented enhanced disinfection protocols inside our treatment rooms in between patients.
- Staff screening for COVID-19 – All staff and practitioners will be screened daily for COVID-19 including a temperature check.
- We’ve implemented recommendations for Social Distancing – We’ve decreased the number of staff onsite per shift, we’ve staggered shift start times to minimize traffic in the clinic, and we’ve modified patient flow in the clinic.
- We’ve added Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – We’ve implemented sanitization stations and all staff are required to wear a mask while onsite.
- We’ve modified staff and practitioner procedures – We’ve updated our procedures to match the guidelines from the BC CDC, the College of Registered Massage Therapists of BC (CMTBC), the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia(CNPBC) and WorksafeBC.
We’re continuing to offer online care & supplement pick-up days
We want to make sure that you have continuity of care while we are all Social Distancing. As such we have new options for our patients:
- Talk to your Naturopathic Doctor online!
We’re fully up and running for online visits with your ND (Telemedicine) – book your follow-up or initial visit on our new online booking portal.
- Supplement and Lab Kit pickup day
We’re setting up contactless “pickup days” where we’ll schedule a time for you to pop by the clinic to pick up any prescribed supplements or lab kits from your Telemedicine visit. Contact your ND or email us at email@example.com to participate.
How do Supplement and Lab Kit Pickup Day Work?
We’ve designed a way for you to pick up your supplement prescriptions and lab kits while still respecting Social Distancing.
Here’s how it will work:
- Your practitioner will send your prescription to our staff & your prescribed supplement or lab kit will be set aside for you
- You will be sent an invoice and payment request via email to be paid prior to scheduling you for pick-up
- You will be sent 2 options for pick-up times, you will confirm which one is best or request another time
- You will get your pick-up time / appointment confirmed by email
- You will come to the office at your assigned time, Tandem Staff will have your items ready for pick-up in a bag, labelled for you – since you have already paid no contact is needed
Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can schedule a Telemedicine Visit with your practitioner