IUI / IVF Support
If you are exploring assisted reproductive technologies (ART) like IVF or IUI, an integrative approach that combines conventional medicine with evidence based natural therapies can help to improve your success rates.
Assisted reproduction is a time when many individuals and couples want to spend time optimizing health. It is important to support your medical treatments with techniques that will help you manage stress and cultivate wellness.
Prior to starting an assisted reproductive cycle at your chosen clinic, we recommend booking an ART Planning Session with us. This will enable us to give you the best advice on how to support your IVF or IUI cycle with lifestyle changes, nutritional preparation and acupuncture. Ideally we like to see you prior to your IVF or IUI treatment commencing, but even if you come during the cycle itself we are still able to support you.
Each patient is an individual and support for each ART cycle will be tailored to suit. We do not believe in a ‘one-size fits all’ approach and we will want to take a holistic view of your current situation and your history.
Our IUI/IVF Support Program includes:
- 90 minute visit with one of our Naturopathic Doctors which includes:
- Comprehensive Medical and Fertility History
- Complete Physical Exam
- Review of any Current Laboratory & Diagnostic Testing Results
- Review of any Past and Current Fertility Treatment History
- Lifestyle and Nutritional Recommendations
- 15 minute post-assessment visit to discuss:
- IUI/IVF Acupuncture Schedule
- Fertility Specific Vitamin, Mineral, Amino Acid and Anti-Oxidant Supplementation to Improve ART Success
- 6 Follow-Up Acupuncture Treatments
ACUPUNCTURE FOR IUI/IVF:
Acupuncture in particular has been shown to significantly increase success rates when performed regularly leading up to treatment, as well as immediately before and after insemination or embryo transfer. For optimal outcomes, these treatments should start 8-12 weeks leading up to your cycle to best prepare the body.